Solace is building a world-class PubSub+ community. We believe that Solace is the very best place to build great communities and we want to ensure we can provide the very best support, guidance, and engagement to help the PubSub+ community be successful. This will involve engagement in workflow, product, outreach, events, and more.
As Director of Community, you will lead, coordinate, and manage our global community development initiatives. You will use your community leadership experience to shape our community experience and infrastructure, feed into the product roadmap with community needs and requirements, build growth and engagement, and more. You will help connect, celebrate, and amplify the community and company work in PubSub+ and assist new communities as they form. You will help our users to think bigger, be the best they can be, and succeed more. You’ll work across teams within Solace to promote the community’s voice within our different internal teams. You should be a content expert, superb communicator, and humble facilitator.
Typical activities for this role include:
- Building and executing programs that grow the PubSub+ community and empower contributors to do great work.
- Taking a structured approach to community roles, on-boarding, and working with our teams to ensure community members have a simple and powerful experience.
- Developing content that promotes the longevity and sustainability of fast growing, organically built communities with high impact outcomes.
- Competitive analysis to assess how we can always lead the industry with powerful, engaged, thoughtful, and surprising community engagement and strategy.
- Building relationships within the industry and community to be their representative for PubSub+ in helping to engage, be successful, and deliver great work and collaboration.
- Working with product, engineering, and marketing teams on product roadmaps for community features and needs.
- Being active in other communities and platforms to help foster collaboration and relationships with other communities and organizations.
- Being a Solace representative and spokesperson at conferences, events, and within the media and external communities.
- Always challenging our assumptions, our culture, and being singularly focused on delivering the very best communication and collaboration platform in the world.
- Running powerful social media, events, and other outward facing efforts that will grow our customer, community, and user base.
Experience with the following is required:
- 2-5 years of experience participating in and building communities, preferably developer-focused and technical in nature.
- Experience with working in online communities.
- Public speaking, blogging, and content development.
- Facilitating complex and sensitive community management situations with humility, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Integrating company brand, voice, and messaging into developed content.
- Working independently and autonomously, managing multiple competing priorities.
Experience with any of the following preferred:
- 3-5 years of experience leading community management programs within a software or Internet-based company.
- Media training and experience in communicating with journalists, bloggers, and other media on a range of technical topics.
- Existing network from a diverse set of communities and social media platforms.
- Software development capabilities and experience